Sql tdp redirected restore help needed

Jeff_Jeske

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I have two SQL servers:

DIX-T-REIDBS-02 (test server) and DIX-Q-REIDBS-02 (qual server)

Both servers have two databases on them. I want to restore database DIX-T-REIDBS-02\SQLDBA1 to DIX-Q-REIDBS-02\SQLDBA2.

Be advised the TDP node uses a different name for both DIXTREIDBS02-S and DIXQREIDBS02-S respectively.

I copied the TDP DSM.OPT from DIX-T to DIX-Q and verified that DIX-Q now thinks it's DIX-T via the GUI (spoof).

I click on the restore tab and can select DIX-T-REIDBS-02\SQLDBA1 backup file without issue but the GUI doesn't show the intended destination of DIX-Q-REIDBS-02\SQLDBA2 database. It also doesn't provide any option to redirect that restore from SQLDBA1 to SQLDBA2 even if it did show up!

I have read through 5.5.4 TDP install and user guide including app G but do not see any supported documentation for this particular task.

My DBA attempted to create a command to perform the same task but it bombs out complaining about invalid options. Here is the script:

tdpsqlc restore SQLDBA1 full /INTO=SQLDBA2 /FROMSQLSERVER=DIX-T-REIDBS-02 /RECOVERY=YES /REPLACE /RELOCATE=SQLDBA1 /TO=d:\DBData01\SQLDBA2.mdf
/RELOCATE=SQLDBA1_log /TO=d:\DBData01\SQLDBA2.ldf

I'm a bit at a loss as I don't even know when I should be using the TDP node name rather than the actual server name.

Can any of you create a script that will perform this task, identify why the above script is failing or at a minimum help me make the GUI do what I want it to do?

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

Last edited:
I did this a couple weeks ago (cmd line) and it was a bit tedious...

A physical file existed on my target, which I let this process replace but its the /TO in my command......

tdpsqlc restore <dbname> full /sqlserver=<target_sql_server\<target_sql_instance> /fromsqlserver=<source_sqlserver>\<source_sql_instance> /tsmoptfile=<tdp_optfile_you_copied> /tsmpassword=xxxxxxxxxx /relocate=<logical_filename> /to=<full_path_and_existing_physical_filename> /into=<dbname> /recovery=yes /replace

If you are restoring DIFF or LOG after your FULL restore, set /recovery=no on the FULL and only set it to "yes" on the very last restore you do in the series.

Get the logical filename using "query TSM"...

tdpsqlc query TSM <dbname> full /fromsqlserver=<source_sqlserver>\<source_sql_instance> tsmoptfile=<tdp_optfile_you_copied> /fileinfo /all

Last edited:
Back