SQL Cluster registry change

foobar2devnull

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had a look on the forum and on the net and can't seem to find the info I need so I'm venturing being flamed in the hope that it will give me a link to the document I need and can't find ;)

I have a two node (or more) SQL Cluster on which I installed the TDP Client. They share their config files on one of the cluster disk and all is up and running.

My "problem" is that the config files being on a cluster disk rather than on a local disk, the files are not accessible to the inactive node(s). Good because you only do the changes in one file, bad because configuring the service on the inactive node(s) is not possible.

I would like to copy the registry key that holds the TSM Scheduler information from the active node to the inactive node(s).

That way I don't have to move the active node from node to node to have access to the clustered disk and be able to configure the service.

I realise this might be more of a system question rather than a TDP question but I'm sure we have Windows experts here too.

Copy opt file from active node to passive to some temporary location, i.e C:\temp, modify schedlog and errorlog settings in .opt file temporarily.
On passive node create scheduler service, point to to C:\temp\dsm.opt, set startup type to manual.
Start/stop the service and check dsmsched.log to make sure it's not asking for pwd. If yes, enter the same as you did on active node.
Open regedit, go to HKLM\Software\CurrentControlSet\services\<NAME OF YOUR SCHEDULER>\Parameters
Modify paths to opt file, dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log, point them to your clustered disk (i.e. L:\tsm\dsm.opt).
Set up Cluster resource type Generic service into your Resource group where is the disk (L:), check if dependency - should be dependent at least on disk (L:)
your dsm.opt should contain "clusternode yes"

Thanks for the answer smajl, this is exactly what I was after and it works great. Sorry for the late reply.

Back