SQL 6.4 Clustered Environment - Scheduling

c.j.hund

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all,

I am setting up SQL TDP 6.4 in a Windows 2012 environment. I followed the instructions found here to set up everything on the active side of the cluster:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21635758

I still need to failover to the other side of the cluster and finish my configuration/setup, but I don't anticipate any problems there. The one thing not discussed in the above link which you really need to know is how you schedule these backups after your configuration is complete.

I can run my backup scripts either locally or from the cluster's shared drive. How do you set up the schedule for these clusters? Do you create a cluster node and use that in place of the "LOCALDSMAGENT" on both sides of the cluster, or is this accomplished through the use of the /ALWAYSONNODE feature?

Sincere thanks,
C.J.

PREDATAR Control23

I think I may have made my question too complicated .... to put it more simply.

I have a clustered Win 2012 server environment, TDP version 6.4. How do you set up you dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg files in this type of clustered environment? Do you specify a cluster node as the "DSM AGENT" node in the tdpsql.cfg file? Or, is it more like the new Exchange TDP where you run the backup (and schedules)versus both sides of the cluster and the passive side would complete it's schedule successfully? Is there any change at all with how you'd set up an SQL cluster in this 6.4 TDP?

Sincere thanks,
C.J.