Spectrum Proctect Plus - Failed Jobs

kslztc

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

Ive recently deployed a Spectrum Protect Plus, in order to test the new product.
The Plus server have been deployed in an VMware enviroment, already running Veeam Backup and Replication.
So ive reused the Veeam credentials, to connect to the V-Center.
Veeam is not running at the moment, simply to not interfere with ISPP.

Ive created new SPLA Domains, added extra storage, and added VMs to the Spla domain.
When executing the schedule, i can see in VMware vSphere, that it creates snapshot and actually is "working".

After approx 1 minute, it then removes the snapshot again, and report that the job failed.

I cant seem to figure out, why this happened - also cant seem to find any log files, so im pretty screwed at this point.

Any suggestions?

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
Is your network attached to a vmkernel network? This is what SPP is using for NFS transport.

-= Trident =-

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
Is your network attached to a vmkernel network? This is what SPP is using for NFS transport.

-= Trident =-

The SPP runs on the same host, as the VMs are running on.
And since i can connect to the Web interface, then yes i believe it is connected :)

PREDATAR Control23

The SPP needs to have access to the vmkernel network. Usually, this is a dedicated vlan, only accessible by vcenter and esx hosts. I had to add a nic to my spp, and put that in the same vlan as the vmkernel network.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

Thx for the reply - the V-Center and ESXi hosts, is already in the same VLAN as the SPP server.
Any other thoughts?