Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi
I have some doubt please help me

1 . What is space trgger ?
2 . What is use of space trigger .
3 . How to use space trigger

please help me...

1. It's a way of automating the process for increasing the size of the TSM DB or TSM recovery log or storage pools.

2. For example if the log reaches 80% utilized the log space trigger will automatically create another log volume and the % utilization will drop. See http://adsm.org/forum/showthread.php?22833-Recovery-Log-over-95-!! for a recent example of using them. But these triggers should not take the place of daily monitoring of the DB, log and storage pools to prevent them filling up too far in the first place.

3. help define spacetrigger

Last edited:
But again one question in my mind... :)

if the database volume is 10 gb then ? option set not create automatically database volue ( In Windows )
will create another volume or produce any error or what outcome..

Please explain me...

Last edited:
Ganesh, i didnt get your question but option set cannot create a database volume...

I think you didnt understood the concept let me give a simple example

1) there is a database/log/stg (say database) with size 10gb and you defined a space trigger

define spacetrigger db spaceexpansion=20 fullpercent=90 expansionprefix=c:\tsmdb\

then when database utilization reaches 90% then automatically a new database volume is created in c:\tsmdb\ with size 2Gb, the same applies to log and stg.

Thanks all of you.
clear my confusion with the help of you and some google.

Thanks again..

Back