SP for VE - Linux MP configuration error

booman55

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Any idea why I'm getting a ANS1353E Session rejected: User ID is incorrect, does not have admin authority, or is not known by the server error when I choose Validate Selected Node in VE Web UI??? I have Linux MP node configured and connecting to SP server on client side and CAD service running.

The node name is registered, the corresponding admin for the node is configured and I've double checked the configuration..but same error.

vmcli configured correctly as well. This is the Linux Mount Proxy. The VE Proxy server is a Windows server. All of the DM's are configured and backups are working. I'm merely testing out Linux file level restores and the mount proxy is not being validated within the UI.

The mystery continues with this error. I've got PMR open with IBM support and they are stumped as well. This is the error I'm getting for Linux MP when I Validate Node for Mount Proxy.

ANS1353E Session Rejected: User ID is incorrect, does not have admin authority, or is not known by the server

I've got this successfully working at another customer for three separate vCenter environments. I'm thinking it may be a connectivity issue, but the above error is pointing to admin authority. As I understand, SP for VE v8.1.6 no longer creates admins when running the configuration wizard, so I'm not sure why it would referencing that. I can make a connection to SP server and I can query vm backups with the Linux mount proxy cli.

Any ideas???

Problem solved...it's a quirky install issue. The SP for VE configuration wizard with v8.1.6 doesn't create the administrators. If you're running a non-SSL level of SP server then you'll get this error. I manually created the LOCAL_MP_WIN admin ID and it resolved the issue.

Back