SP for VE - File Level Restore

jamesmacd40

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi all

Installed SP for VE (for VMWare 6.) tested backups, that went ok, went to test the Recovery Agent to mount the SP VM snapshot on the Windows Proxy and noticed in Disk management that the disk appears, but states the disk is offline and it has the same disk signature as the windows proxy disk 0.

The VM was created from a template, and i know if i diskpart uniqueid id=xxxx on that disk on the VM being backed up, it will pooch it, so i am wondering if anyone else has this issue and what a work around is to be able to mount and restore files from that SP VM snapshot.

The only thing i have been able to find so far is that when creating VM's from a template, to create them on the same host then migrate them as according to this link, https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2006865 , but this doesnt fix the existing VM's and attempting to file level restore anything from them

Also on the SP for VE server, i see these errors - The disk signature of disk 1 is equal to the disk signature of disk 0. during backup, which goes back to the fact the disk signature is the same

thanks