SP DP for Database 8.1.7 password replication between cluster

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to ask some help!

I have configured an SQL cluster backup (2 node, BA 8.1.8, DPforDB 8.1.7, OS: srv 2019, SQL 2017) and set the TSM services as a generic service in the failover cluster manager. In the oldest version of DP i had to set registry replication with the HKLM/..../ADSM/Nodes/nodename({nodename}, what is worked.

In this version i cannot find it and i cannot replicate the passwords between the nodes, thus the backups wont run.

Where does the new version store the passwords? How could i able to replicate it?

(I found a new folder on the cluster disk ("NODES") where i can find the nodes what are belongs to this backups) and it contain few .kdb, .rdb, .sth and ibd files)

Thank you for your help!

Have you tried setting the password the same for all nodes, or use a cluster node name for the entire cluster such that backups will be through this cluster node name?

Last edited:
Hello,

thank you for your reply!
I have been backing up the db's through separate nodenames. Every instance has a nodename with scheduler.
I can see the nodes folder on the clusterdisk. The tdpsql does not require password only the FCM prompt me the password on the restore tab and i have to give the password on the protect tab when i want to start a backup.
I dont know exactly what could be the problem...Everything seems good.

Back