SP 8.1.7 - dsmadmc ssl connection failed to init.

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hello,

How can i change the connection requirement if i want to use the dsmadmc on Windows 2016 + SP 8.1.7?

This is a fresh install and i get this after the password:

Enter your user id: admin

Enter your password: *********

ANS1592E Failed to initialize SSL protocol.
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

ANS8002I Highest return code was -362.

I set STRICT parameter when the instance configuration asked me, but i think it was not the proper what i could choose and (and as i can remember it was related for Operation Center).

I cannot find any config file, where i could change this settings!

Thank you for you help!

Thank you! Working!
This strict setting will concern to all node and user what i register?
I mean, every backup will run (thus not run) with ssl connection?

Thank you! Working!
This strict setting will concern to all node and user what i register?
I mean, every backup will run (thus not run) with ssl connection?
It depends. All new nodes are transitional until you connect with a client that is 7.1.8+ or 8.1.2+, the node or admin will change from transitional to strict. If use that node or admin after that on an older client, it will failed because it's strict.

For nodes, you should avoid to use the same node on multiple machines, that will avoid the issue. Old clients will keep the node transitional and new clients will keep the node strict.

For admins, always use a recent client, so it will always be strict and always work.

It is a test environment and i have to test the backups with old and new clients (mostly linux and windows, but i have to check oracle backups too).
I think in this case i have to reconfigure all nodes which cannot communicate with the server.
Is there any opportunity to reset this option to trans?...

It is a test environment and i have to test the backups with old and new clients
I recommend you use different nodenames for each clients, that way you won't have to worry about this.
Is there any opportunity to reset this option to trans?...
You can update them all to transitional, but that is not a permanent change, the first time they connect with a newer client, they will be switched to strict, hence the recommendation to use unique nodenames on each client.

Thank you!

I have just ran some archive job and the old version of the baclient (on win2003std) connect with a simple tcpip connection, but the newer client (8.1.7) connect with ssl and every admin console and OC connection run on SSL.
Every node, what i registered, can connect and i did not get any error message.
I am sure, that i wont use the strict parameter at all. :)

Thank you for your help!

Back