• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

SP 8.1.7 - dsmadmc ssl connection failed to init.

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
hello,

How can i change the connection requirement if i want to use the dsmadmc on Windows 2016 + SP 8.1.7?

This is a fresh install and i get this after the password:

Enter your user id: admin

Enter your password: *********

ANS1592E Failed to initialize SSL protocol.
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server.

ANS8002I Highest return code was -362.

I set STRICT parameter when the instance configuration asked me, but i think it was not the proper what i could choose and (and as i can remember it was related for Operation Center).

I cannot find any config file, where i could change this settings!

Thank you for you help!

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Thank you! Working!
This strict setting will concern to all node and user what i register?
I mean, every backup will run (thus not run) with ssl connection?

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Thank you! Working!
This strict setting will concern to all node and user what i register?
I mean, every backup will run (thus not run) with ssl connection?
It depends. All new nodes are transitional until you connect with a client that is 7.1.8+ or 8.1.2+, the node or admin will change from transitional to strict. If use that node or admin after that on an older client, it will failed because it's strict.

For nodes, you should avoid to use the same node on multiple machines, that will avoid the issue. Old clients will keep the node transitional and new clients will keep the node strict.

For admins, always use a recent client, so it will always be strict and always work.

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
It is a test environment and i have to test the backups with old and new clients (mostly linux and windows, but i have to check oracle backups too).
I think in this case i have to reconfigure all nodes which cannot communicate with the server.
Is there any opportunity to reset this option to trans?...

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
It is a test environment and i have to test the backups with old and new clients
I recommend you use different nodenames for each clients, that way you won't have to worry about this.
Is there any opportunity to reset this option to trans?...
You can update them all to transitional, but that is not a permanent change, the first time they connect with a newer client, they will be switched to strict, hence the recommendation to use unique nodenames on each client.

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Thank you!

I have just ran some archive job and the old version of the baclient (on win2003std) connect with a simple tcpip connection, but the newer client (8.1.7) connect with ssl and every admin console and OC connection run on SSL.
Every node, what i registered, can connect and i did not get any error message.
I am sure, that i wont use the strict parameter at all. :)

Thank you for your help!

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.4%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seun