Some questions about questions on the 000-431 sample test

ajd

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I took the prometric.com sample test for 000-431 certification this week. I’d like some input about 4 of the questions on the sample test. (I took screen shots so I could review the questions afterwards. As this is a sample test, I hope disclosing the questions doesn’t violate some policy or regulation.)

#7 asks which command verifies log1.dsm and its mirrored copy logmir1.dsm are in sync.
A. Query logmir1.dsm
B. Query log log1.dms
C. Query log format=detailed
D. Query sync format=detailed
None of these commands work though B is closest as “Query logv log1.dsm” works. Maybe B has a typo, the omitted “v”?

#9 asks which copy group parameters controls the number of inactive backup versions.
VEREXISTS and VERDELETED are both choices.
They probably want VEREXISTS, but VERDELETED also controls number of inactive backups retained after file no longer exists on disk, right? So either answer is technically correct, right?

#18 asks with archiving, how many versions of a file can be specified for retention?
A. Two, the current and inactive
B. One, because archive does not support versioning
C. Up to three, which must be specified with the RETEXTRA paramters
D. Unlimited, by specifying NOLIMIT in the ARCVER parameter
We can keep an archive an unlimited number of days if we specify RETVER=NOLIMIT when we define the archive copygroup. But a web search of ARCVER comes up empty. So is the answer they want B? If I archive, change the file and archive again, I have two versions archived, the old and the current. But are they using “version” in a different sense? If so, it seems like an unfair question to me.

#49 has: We want to improve backup performance on a Linux TSM client with a single disk drive. The TSM server, TSM client, and network all have sufficient resource capacity and are lightly loaded during the backup window. The backups are written to a disk pool large enough to hold each night’s scheduled incremental backups.
Which three actions would best improve the backup performance of this node?
A. Change VERBOSE to QUIET
B. Change COMPRESSION from NO to YES
C. Change COMPRESSION from YES to NO
D. Change RESOURCEUTILIZATION from 1 to 3
E. Change TXNBYTELIMIT from 26500 to 1024
F. Enable the Journal Engine for journal based backups
What are the answers for this?
I suppose D would help if we also change MAXNUMMP to 2, to allow multi-stream backups.
And F makes sense.
But what is the third choice? B?

Thanks

Hi

You are right about #7, they missed the "v"

#9 would be VEREXISTS

#18 would be B

#49 C, D, F
(D would help , you would not need to change maxnummp as the question specifies the backups are written to disk not tape)

Cheers

#49 has: We want to improve backup performance on a Linux TSM client with a single disk drive. The TSM server, TSM client, and network all have sufficient resource capacity and are lightly loaded during the backup window. The backups are written to a disk pool large enough to hold each night’s scheduled incremental backups.
Which three actions would best improve the backup performance of this node?
A. Change VERBOSE to QUIET
B. Change COMPRESSION from NO to YES
C. Change COMPRESSION from YES to NO
D. Change RESOURCEUTILIZATION from 1 to 3
E. Change TXNBYTELIMIT from 26500 to 1024
F. Enable the Journal Engine for journal based backups
What are the answers for this?
I suppose D would help if we also change MAXNUMMP to 2, to allow multi-stream backups.
And F makes sense.
But what is the third choice? B?

What ever ilovetsm told they are absolutely correct except the above one......... as per the question it is linux TSM client so there is no journal based backup for Linux server (it's only for windows and AIX) .....

C,D are absolutely fine coming to remaining options, B and F are False and decreasing TXNBYTELIMIT helps as the destination is disk and there is no network or other resource constraints and option A changing from verbose to quite decreses the amount of interactive information and thus increases the performance

so the answer i guess is A,C and D

Last edited:
Back