1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

solaris 10 (sparc) and IBMTape driver compatible FC adapter card

Discussion in 'TSM Client' started by reddy, Feb 19, 2009.

1. reddy

reddy New Member

admins,

What type of FC HBA cards (preferebly Emulex) I can use for PCI type slots for solaris 10 (sparc) if I go for IBMTAPE driver version 4.1.9 to use with TS3500/3592 tape san?

Hope I get the answer here...

thanks in advance.

3. javajockey

javajockey Senior Member

Server Operations
    I can't speak specifically but, in my experience, If the card is "blessed" by Sun, then It should have no problem working with the IBMTape driver. I have had bad experiences trying to use "Generic" HBA's with my Sun hardware. Mostly the issues where related with getting the HBA to communicate properly with my Fibre Switch. In short, if you can see the Tape drives (/dev/rmt/*st)/or you disk luns, "your golden" The IBMTape driver will work on top of that layer. I hope I have answered your question.

4. Gold_king

Gold_king New Member

Solaris SPARC 64-bit V5.8, V5.9 , V5.10

HBA driver 5.01
    HBAAPI library 4.06
    • IBM Tape support requiresIBMtape 4.1.0.2
    • After installing this new IBM device driver, issue the following Tivoli Storage Manager command:
    • UPDATE LIBRARY libraryName SERIAL=AUTODETECT
    • For Tivoli Storage Manager devices, the following files should be updated for SAN discovery to work properly:
      - modify /usr/kernel/drv/mt.conf and /usr/kernel/drv/lb.conf to add the following lines:
      mt.conf:
      name="mt" parent="pseudo" instance=16383;
      lb.conf
      name="lb" parent="pseudo" instance=16383;

- Issue the following commands:
      rem_drv lb
      add_drv lb
      rem_drv mt
      • add_drv mt add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' mt
    • Alternatively, the autoconf command can do the above by itself.
      - Make sure that the virtual device special file is in
      /devices/pseudo/mt@16383:tsmmtctl and /devices/pseudo/lb@16383:tsmlbctl
      - Issue the command twice
      sync
      sync
      - Reboot the machine

Refer the link

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi...BA&uid=swg21193154&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

admin likes this.
  5. GregE

GregE Senior Member

If using IBMtape, you don't need to use TSM device driver. And you'll want to do "rem_drv st" to unload Solaris native tape driver, and comment out all lines in /kernel/drv/st.conf