1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Simultaneous Write and include.encrypt

Discussion in 'TSM Operation' started by moter, Apr 7, 2011.

1. moter

moter New Member

So i've been backing up my clients for a while now and have enforced encryption using include.encrypt in my client options files, and it overrides the client. awesome. i'm also using simultaneous write to write the backup data out to our DR site. I was under the impression that the same storage settings applied. I got notice this morning from our security folks that there is unencrypted data flowing out to our DR site. If all the writes that happen to that site use simultaneous write, and i've set include.encrypt in the options file for all clients, why is there unencrypted data flowing out there? my server is 6.2.2 and most clients are at least 6.2.

anybody have any insight to the process of encryption as it applies to simultaneous writes ?

Todd

3. yskw1024

yskw1024 New Member

I think it was a SSL issue between server to server communcations, as it was data throw on servers level between two different sites.