Setup One time Full Backup of a Filesystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpionmaverick

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I am fairly new to AIX/TSM side of the world (just 3 months)

Our DBA's are planning to upgrade their Databases and have asked me to install some patches that are currently missing. But before I apply patches they want me to take a full backup of a filesystem which is roughly 760 GB.

Like all other TSM backups, ours is setup with progressive incremental type of backups so there are no full backups.

How do I set up a one-time-full backup of the directory / filesystem they want a full bakup of?

I have read some stuff on "DEFINE CLIENTACTION" however not sure how to use that command to do a full backup. Please help.

PREDATAR Control23

If a file is backed up, it will never be backed up again by TSM unless it has changed.

Progressive incremental backup means:
The first time a file server is backed up, all files are copied, since they have never been backed up to TSM. From that point on, only files that have changed are subsequently backed up.

PREDATAR Control23

You can do a selective backup of the file system and TSM will back it up whether it's changed or not.
How do I run this selective backup? Do I run this command on the TSM server or the AIX server whose filesystem/Directory I need to backup? Whats the command string to run a selective backup?

PREDATAR Control23

what information do I need after dsmc sel? its a volume group on the aix server

Status
Not open for further replies.