Setting up object storage

jabuzzard

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to setup the object storage feature to give a second site storage location for our Spectrum Protect Plus backup. Basically we have a SP server with lots of disks attached that we do sequential file based backup of a large GPFS file system. This is located in a separate data centre from the GPFS file system. We also have a Spectrum Protect Plus server that backs up out VM's. Not many of these. However the vSnap server is located in the same data centre as the vSphere cluster. Plan is to push a copy of the data to the SP server using the object storage facility, and dedicate one of the disk arrays to the object storage.

Our main server is called TSMA, so I ran the following

Code:
DEFINE SERVER tsmb HLADDRESS=<fqdn of server hosting tsma> LLADDRESS=9000 OBJECTAGENT=yes

Which I think is right. Being old school I don't have an operations centre setup and all the guides unhelpfully tell you to click an option in the operations centre or refer to "define server", but there are no examples there. However when I look at the config file it asks me to use with the spObjectAgent command the serverlla and serveradminlla are the same as TSMA (1500 and 1600 respectively). I don't think that will work and I should increment those numbers by 1 but will I need to update anything on TSMA? "q server tsmb f=d" does not show the 1500/1600 addresses.

While I have been using TSM itself since version 5.3 this is my first go with the object agent stuff and the documentation is somewhat spartan if you are setting it up from the command line.

Back