Session close in backup with RMAN

fmpedro

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Friends:
Recently we did implant the Oracle RAC with ASM and ACFS filesystems, and as configuration we need implant the backup by RMAN.

My environment is SAP with Oracle, and to backup de datafiles we use the brtools. After configure the backup with RMAN, the behavior of the sessions in TSM changed, for example: the RMAN configuration is with 4 channels and 50 filesperset, so when the backup starts, it open 4 sessions and run the backup of 50 datafiles, in a total of 200 datafiles.

When the session end the backup, it is closed to open the next filesperset and starts the backup of 50 datafiles, but after close the session, if there are othe backup in wait, the TSM dismount the tape and mout the new tape, and my session lost the connection of TSM presented a error in backup.

Are there any configuration that I always stay in same session after the change the filesperset in RMAN?

The caracteristics of environment is:
AIX 6.1
Oracle RAC/RDBMS 11gR2
TSM 5.5.3
TDP for mySAP 5.5.0.0

Thanks.
Fernando.

Hi,

not sure about this very situation but what about KEEPMP setting in the node definition?

KEEPMP
Specifies whether the client node keeps the mount point for the entire session. The parameter is optional. The default value is NO. Possible values are:

Yes
Specifies that the client node must retain the mount point during the entire session. If policy definitions cause data to be stored to a disk storage pool after storing data to a sequential access storage pool, any mount points held by the session will not be released.
No
Specifies that the client node release the mount point during the session. If policy definitions cause data to be stored to a disk storage pool after storing data to a sequential access storage pool, any mount points held by the session will be released.

Harry

Ok, Harry, I will try your sugestion in next maintenence window.
Thanks.

Back