Service on windows TSM4V

illllm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

On a windows server which is the TSM4V gateway, which are the CAD services I need to restart to reestablish a connection with the TSM server ? I see services that say TSM CAD, TSM SCHED, TSM AGENT

thanks,

Hi,

If the TSM Scheduler & TSM Remote Agent services are configured to use the TSM Client Acceptor (CAD) then they should be configured within services.msc as follows.
[MANAGEDSERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE] <-- DataMover dsm.opt file

Name - Start-up type

TSM Client Acceptor - Automatic
TSM Client Scheduler - Manual
TSM Remote Agent - Manual

Therefore only the TSM Client Acceptor is required to be restarted and will re-establish a connection & update any server side schedule changes with the TSM Server. Check the appropriate DM dsmsched.log for the latest entry.

Hi,
Quick solution. I always reboot a TSM4VE. After any work on any component. It has to start up automatically after reboot anyway. What better way to verify things :)

Hi,
Quick solution. I always reboot a TSM4VE. After any work on any component. It has to start up automatically after reboot anyway. What better way to verify things :)

Just before you do that though just double check your company policy on rebooting servers and as such any centralized monitoring it has running on it. If your vStorage Backup Server is deemed a Production server this may not be something you can do on the fly..

Also double check that there are no DataMover Sessions from that server currently accessing the TSM/Spectrum Protect Server before you reboot. You will not be flavour of the month if someone has a large vm restore job going half way through a restoration and you restart that proxy..!!

Proceed with caution.

Tried restarting TSM Client Acceptor but that did not work...
so we had to reboot the server after hours.

Back