Server is NOT in compliance with license terms

tsander

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello, I am receiving a" server is out of storage space" error from client nodes. I have determined that this is due to the ANR2812W License Audit completed - ATTENTION: Server is NOT in compliance with license terms. error after running query actlog.

OS is W2k Server. TSM 5.2.2

After trying to install the licenses(using Install License from install GUI) I receive the error: the older version of the product must be uninstalled.

I cannot find any older version of TSM.

Ran reg license file=*.lic number=50 and recieve error: ANR2852I Current license information:

ANR9638W License registration is not supported on this server.

Been stuck in a loop and can't get out.

Any help would be very appreciated. :confused:

I seem to remember running into the same issue with the same version of TSM. You must install 5.2.0 before installing 5.2.x versions to get the proper licensing to work. I went back and reinstalled the server version 5.2.0, put in the license information, and upgraded from there and it worked.

Hope this helps....

Yeah, the error does indicate that licensing was not installed. You can actually just install the TSM Server Licenses package from the 5.2.0 CD or PPA download. Once that is installed, restart TSM, and you should be able to register licenses.

Thanks for your responses!

RWHTMV: What is the best way to backup the server's, node, volume and policy info? Is it possible to save a few configuration files and just restore them to the program? I ask, because the export/import functions are not working for me.

STHULL: I tried installing the licenses from the download but get the error that I need to uninstall the older version first. I have uninstalled the License server 5.2 but received the same error.

Back