1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sepaton VTL??

Discussion in 'VTL - Virtual Tape Library' started by djchopps0013, May 6, 2009.

1. djchopps0013

djchopps0013 Senior Member

Storage Administrator
    So we have a HP VTL that OEM'd sepatons deltastor technology as Accelerated Dedupe. My question is to those that use Sepaton and their deltastor dedupe. We have a presentation from HP and they explained it as only deduping a single client stream against previous client streams, not global. Can anyone confirm or deny this??

3. dhcolesj

dhcolesj New Member

Sr. System Engineer
    I know this is an old question, but since no one ever answered I thought I would fill it in. It seems each vendor has bad things to say aobut the others. However, I have quized them on this, and it is indeed global

4. eperez507

eperez507 New Member

They only deduplicate based on each client node. If you have two nodes with same data it does not deduplicate those. Also if you migrate data to the appliance it does not work with deduplication. Trust me I implemented one.