Select Statement for actual occupancy per node using containers.

darkhorse

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would like to confirm the data in audit_occupancy table when using Containers is the Pre De-Duplicated and compressed data or is it afterwards.
And if its is Pre Savings I would like to run a Select to present by each Node their real occupancy in a container Stgpool.

Thanks Craig Ross

The sizes listed in both the audit_occupancy and occupancy tables are the size of the data that was backed up not the Deduplicated and Compressed size.

As far as I am aware the Audit_Occupancy table is only accurate ( integer rounded MB ) for a short time after AUDit LICenses is run.

From what I have observed the numbers in occupancy are continuously valid. An issue does arise because of an additional record with a blank node_name that seems to contain the sum of the total reporting MB for all nodes . If you want the summary you can read just that one row, if you want details then pull all except that one row.

Occupancy

NODE_NAME:
TYPE:
FILESPACE_NAME:
STGPOOL_NAME: XXXX_DIR_CONTAINER
NUM_FILES: 10119122
PHYSICAL_MB:
LOGICAL_MB:
REPORTING_MB: 30958805.53
FILESPACE_ID:

Thanks for the clarity on Audit vs Occupancy. Are you aware of a table which has the Deduplicated / compressed values for each node?

Thanks Trident, learned something new today.

Having looked at the related manual page experience (it was called ADSTAR when I first played with it) tells me I won't be running this any time soon. We have 2PB backed up to a 480TB Directory Container pool for our VMWARE backups. I am always wary when IBM states 'It might take a long time to complete the operation' even more so when they block you waiting for completion on the console. ;-)

Happy Holidays all.

Back