• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Select Statement for actual occupancy per node using containers.

darkhorse

ADSM.ORG Member
I would like to confirm the data in audit_occupancy table when using Containers is the Pre De-Duplicated and compressed data or is it afterwards.
And if its is Pre Savings I would like to run a Select to present by each Node their real occupancy in a container Stgpool.

Thanks Craig Ross

shcart

ADSM.ORG Member
The sizes listed in both the audit_occupancy and occupancy tables are the size of the data that was backed up not the Deduplicated and Compressed size.

As far as I am aware the Audit_Occupancy table is only accurate ( integer rounded MB ) for a short time after AUDit LICenses is run.

From what I have observed the numbers in occupancy are continuously valid. An issue does arise because of an additional record with a blank node_name that seems to contain the sum of the total reporting MB for all nodes . If you want the summary you can read just that one row, if you want details then pull all except that one row.

Occupancy

NODE_NAME:
TYPE:
FILESPACE_NAME:
STGPOOL_NAME: XXXX_DIR_CONTAINER
NUM_FILES: 10119122
PHYSICAL_MB:
LOGICAL_MB:
REPORTING_MB: 30958805.53
FILESPACE_ID:

shcart

ADSM.ORG Member
Thanks Trident, learned something new today.

Having looked at the related manual page experience (it was called ADSTAR when I first played with it) tells me I won't be running this any time soon. We have 2PB backed up to a 480TB Directory Container pool for our VMWARE backups. I am always wary when IBM states 'It might take a long time to complete the operation' even more so when they block you waiting for completion on the console. ;-)

Happy Holidays all.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 5 8.9%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theDaveGalley