select count(*) from events stuck!

oskie

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Some days ago the old TSM Operational Reports stopped working - the reports were never generated or sent, instead the reporting was stuck at "Working... This may take several minutes to complete" and the progress bar wasn't moving. I noticed it was the first SQL command that apparently never completed:

select count(*) as ASC from events where LENGTH(domain_name) IS NULL and scheduled_start between '2010-04-26 09:10:48' and '2010-04-27 09:10:47' and status='Completed' and result in (0, 11)

Manually running this command in dsmadmc also has the same effect (you have to ctrl-c out):

select count(*) from events

Also I noticed some other errors in the log:

ANR0102E admsql.c(5177): Error 1 inserting row in table "EVENTS.SQL". (SESSION: 4)

Any ideas? Seems like a DB2 problem to me...

Oskar

Forgot to mention, we're running 6.1.3.3.

Just to follow up... I reported this problem to IBM, and after following their debug/trace procedure the problem solved itself somehow. The 'q event' command took 2-3 mins though, but after that it was smooth. There also turned out to be a deadlock directory related to the event table in some DB2 directory, and IBM recommended me cleaning it. Unfortunately I don't know if it would have helped because the problem solved itself anyway.

Back