1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

select count(*) from events stuck!

Discussion in 'TSM Operation' started by oskie, Apr 27, 2010.

  1. oskie

    oskie New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    2
    Occupation:
    System Technician
    Some days ago the old TSM Operational Reports stopped working - the reports were never generated or sent, instead the reporting was stuck at "Working... This may take several minutes to complete" and the progress bar wasn't moving. I noticed it was the first SQL command that apparently never completed:

    select count(*) as ASC from events where LENGTH(domain_name) IS NULL and scheduled_start between '2010-04-26 09:10:48' and '2010-04-27 09:10:47' and status='Completed' and result in (0, 11)

    Manually running this command in dsmadmc also has the same effect (you have to ctrl-c out):

    select count(*) from events

    Also I noticed some other errors in the log:

    ANR0102E admsql.c(5177): Error 1 inserting row in table "EVENTS.SQL". (SESSION: 4)

    Any ideas? Seems like a DB2 problem to me...

    Oskar
     
  2.  
  3. oskie

    oskie New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    2
    Occupation:
    System Technician
    Forgot to mention, we're running 6.1.3.3.
     
  4. oskie

    oskie New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    2
    Occupation:
    System Technician
  5. oskie

    oskie New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2008
    Messages:
    62
    Likes Received:
    2
    Occupation:
    System Technician
    Just to follow up... I reported this problem to IBM, and after following their debug/trace procedure the problem solved itself somehow. The 'q event' command took 2-3 mins though, but after that it was smooth. There also turned out to be a deadlock directory related to the event table in some DB2 directory, and IBM recommended me cleaning it. Unfortunately I don't know if it would have helped because the problem solved itself anyway.
     
    cheffern likes this.

Share This Page