1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Second NetWorker Server on the same UNIX Host

Discussion in 'EMC NetWorker' started by brian, Sep 2, 2012.

1. brian

brian New Member

Greetings to all,

Is there a way to install and configure a second NetWorker Server instance on the same physical hosts(UNIX)? much like we do for TSM.

The installation guide 7.x.x doesn't seem to document this possibility and EMC NetWorker level 1 support was unable to anwser the question, which is OK. So I am addressing my question to the NW experienced people in this forum.

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but I searched adsm.org before posting this new one.

3. bhaven41

bhaven41 New Member

Storage/Backup Admin
    Hi Brian,

I have also tried to search this a lot and checked with EMC. To my knowledge based on the feedback from different parties - Sales, Support from EMC and other Vendors - no it is not possible to run two Networker instances on the same host.

4. brian

brian New Member

Thank you for the response, it is unfortunate indeed.

5. 605

605 New Member

Due to that the important daemons can only run once this is not possible (on a physical machine).
    Of course there would be no problem iff you would have multiple virtual machines.