Second NetWorker Server on the same UNIX Host

brian

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Greetings to all,

Is there a way to install and configure a second NetWorker Server instance on the same physical hosts(UNIX)? much like we do for TSM.

The installation guide 7.x.x doesn't seem to document this possibility and EMC NetWorker level 1 support was unable to anwser the question, which is OK. So I am addressing my question to the NW experienced people in this forum.

Thank you for your help.

P.S. I apologize if this is a duplicate thread, but I searched adsm.org before posting this new one.

Hi Brian,

I have also tried to search this a lot and checked with EMC. To my knowledge based on the feedback from different parties - Sales, Support from EMC and other Vendors - no it is not possible to run two Networker instances on the same host.

Hi Brian,

I have also tried to search this a lot and checked with EMC. To my knowledge based on the feedback from different parties - Sales, Support from EMC and other Vendors - no it is not possible to run two Networker instances on the same host.

Thank you for the response, it is unfortunate indeed.

Due to that the important daemons can only run once this is not possible (on a physical machine).
Of course there would be no problem iff you would have multiple virtual machines.

Back