scripts to move tapes to I/O station without reply

rcolon

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I know this maybe simple to you guys but I am new to tsm and I can not find a way to script a command that will allow me to just go from move drmedia to vault to I/O station without having to reply to the system the number.... Does anyone have a script the I can use or the command that need to be use for this not to prompt for reply? here is my command..
move drm * wherest=mountable tost=vault remove=yes :confused:

PREDATAR Control23

I will try the command tomorrow and see if it works with waitt=0 and let you know.. thanks

PREDATAR Control23

I know this maybe simple to you guys but I am new to tsm and I can not find a way to script a command that will allow me to just go from move drmedia to vault to I/O station without having to reply to the system the number.... Does anyone have a script the I can use or the command that need to be use for this not to prompt for reply? here is my command..
move drm * wherest=mountable tost=vault remove=yes :confused:

move drm * wherest=mountable tost=vault remove=bulk

PREDATAR Control23

Sorry, I didn't look at your post closely the first time. The waitt=0 is valid for the checkin libvol command. I wasn't reading right

PREDATAR Control23

The move DRMEDIA command doesn't need a reply as long a you specify removal to the bulk tape area

My own script uses the following:

move DRMEDIA ${tapevol} wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk wait=yes

the default for remove is bulk, if you want them to stay in the library set remove=no

The behavior does depend on the type of library.

bring up the help for move drmedia on the admin console and it will give you the full details.

PREDATAR Control23

The move DRMEDIA command doesn't need a reply as long a you specify removal to the bulk tape area

My own script uses the following:

move DRMEDIA ${tapevol} wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk wait=yes

the default for remove is bulk, if you want them to stay in the library set remove=no

The behavior does depend on the type of library.

bring up the help for move drmedia on the admin console and it will give you the full details.

if I do that it will prompt me for reply right? this is a TS3500

PREDATAR Control23

if I do that it will prompt me for reply right? this is a TS3500

well that works on the TS3500 so I will put it on a script to run every day.. I will also think that I will have the same issue coming back but not there yet probably in a few weeks...

thanks

PREDATAR Control23

When tapes come back run this command to check in the drmedia:

move DRMEDIA ${tapevol number} wherestate=vaultretrieve tostate=onsiteretrieve

This can be done without the tapes in the library, it will update the status of the tapes for drmedia so if you do q drm you should see the tape is no longer listed as drmedia.

At this point you can either checkin the tapes into the library or relabel them, either way they will end up as scratch volumes.

To checkin the tapes without waiting for a reply run this:

checkin libvolume ${TSM_LIB_NAME} search=bulk status=scratch checklabel=barcode waitt=0

To label the tapes do this:
LABEL libvolume ${TSM_LIB_NAME} search=bulk labels=barcode checkin=scratch overwrite=y waittime=0

Both commands will grab everything in the IO drawer. To do it by tape change the search=bulk to the volume number.

for complete info on both, from the dsmadmc use help <command> and will go into detail on all the options.

PREDATAR Control23

It looks like rcolon want move drmedia OUT from the library (wherestate=mountable tostate=vault) so, I think, he should try the MOVE DRM.....REMOVE=UNTILEEFULL command...and repeat it until all the MOUNTABLE volumes are out.

Last edited: