scheduler not working on AIX TDP for Domino

jcabrera

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i am trying to backup my tdp for domino running under AIX, the backup was successfull when running the dominc.sh manually. However, when tried to schedule the clientnode_tdpdom, it did not run.

how am i be able to check if the scheduler of the clientnode_tdpdom is running? because i already set a schedule but unfortunately the schedule misses several times. it seems that the tsm server cannot trigger the scheduler of the clientnode_tdpdom or the scheduler cannot trigger the script.

the tsm server and tsm client is AIX 5.3
clientnode_tdpdom = tsm client for domino.

Last edited:
hi,

given that the sched process starts with client
ps -ef|grep client*
wiil let you check if it is running

if the server cannot trigger the client, it probably means that the scheduler is not running on the client, and it usually happen if you do not properly initialize environment variables (used by tdp api). You should check into the client logs and you'll find it out. You should as well make sure that the script lies in the inittab, should you want it to run whenever you restart the os.

I can't understand, though, what is that "clientnode_tdpdom" for, if you successfully use the dominc.sh script.

hope this helps
max

hi max clientnode_tdpdom is the name of my client node for tdp for domino.

i have already fixed the problem regarding the scheduler.

now i am having problem regarding slow backup time. Compared to the manual backup using the same tape device, TSM consumes more time against the manual backup. any idea why is it happening?

hi,
does "compared to the manual backup" mean you're executing the same script ? I believe it cannot go slower or faster as long as it works. If it doesn't work it might depend on ENV variables.
It may go slow if you are encountering network problems, but that would be exactly the same, as long as the script is identical, unless you're measuring different periods of the day and your network is someway flooded during the scheduling period.
hope this helps
max

i think the backup is passing thru LAN connection instead of the SAN connection.

I think during the backup, the TDP_clientnode cannot communicate with my storage agent. During the manual backup of my TDP_clientnode there was no activity on my Storage Agent console.

however, when i tested it with the BA Client there was an activity on the Storage Agent console.

Do you have experience in SAN connection?

Please explain

Hi,

can u please explain how did u fixed the problem regarding the scheduler

hi max clientnode_tdpdom is the name of my client node for tdp for domino.

i have already fixed the problem regarding the scheduler.

now i am having problem regarding slow backup time. Compared to the manual backup using the same tape device, TSM consumes more time against the manual backup. any idea why is it happening?

Back