Scheduled backup fails with TCP/IP error.. but manual backup works fine

Tomlinson85

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

hey all.

having an issue with one of my tsm clients. this client probably fails 6/7 days of the week. on that one day on average it succeeds, everything goes Ok. But usually it fails with the following errors,

06/08/2016 12:03:43 ANS5216E Could not establish a TCP/IP connection with address 'myhostname:1500'. The TCP/IP error is 'Unknown error' (errno = 10065).
06/08/2016 12:03:43 ANS9020E Could not establish a session with a TSM server or client agent. The TSM return code is -50.
06/08/2016 12:03:43 ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure.

I checked that I can ping the tsm server from the client. I can.

in the opt file I for sure have the correct port number for the server under TCPPORT and I have the correct hostname under TCPSERVERADDRESS, have even tried putting in the ip for this in case it was some odd DNS issue but that does not work either

confident everything else in the opt file is fine.

probably the strangest thing is that if I open up the tsm cli on the client, I can perform a manual backup and it works perfectly

anyone seen this before? any suggestions? can't find anything about it elsewhere. Appreciate the help

cheers
tt

PREDATAR Control23

I've seen this before and we had to reinstall the client software to fix it on some. On others a simple reboot of that client sorted it.

PREDATAR Control23

Intermittent networking/communication problems can cause that too. Worked fine when you did the manual, but not when doing the scheduled.

PREDATAR Control23

thank you both very much for the advice on this. will try reinstalling this on the client and will let you know if that doesn't resolve it. cheers lads