SAP on DB2 backup error RC=11

cheffern

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hi - anyone seen this one - know how to resolve it?

box_A:db2dba 15> db2 backup db DBA online load /usr/tivoli/tsm/tdp_r3/db264/libtdpdb264.a

SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media "VENDOR". Reason code:

"11".

All the stg stuff on the server is fine - plenty of room to run the backup...

TIA - Chris

PREDATAR Control23

If this still matters:

Did you check the logfile in the $TDP_LOGDIR?

PREDATAR Control23

something missing with your command you should say use tsm or kick backup from SAP box_A:db2dba 15> db2 backup db DBA online USE TSM

admin interface it will be much better. How about offline does it work properly

also do u use TDP for ERP or online DB2 APi .What is your db2 version. What are your db2 cfg parameters for TSM? as a db2 instance owner check echo $DSMI_DIR,echo $DSMI_CONFIG,echo $DSMI_LOG are they correct.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi - using "TSM" is quite different than using the TDP library...

I am trying to use the TDP library.

And yes, have checked the logfiles =)

I now have 2 boxes with this same issue - it has forced me to abort the TDP and use straight "db2 backup db DBA use TSM"

I would much rather use the TDP as I can control the versioing from the initSID.utl file.

The only thing I can think is that it has to do with the DB2 V8.2 new logging stuff...

but my logs to TSM do work!

Just the backup that gives me issues...

Any other ideas on RC 11 are appreciated. Thx for the responses so far.

PREDATAR Control23

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>

And yes, have checked the logfiles =)

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Any hints that TDP has been started (and issued messages)?

If it hasn't even started you should check the db2diag.log. Otherwise the TPD log should tell what's wrong.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>

The only thing I can think is that it has to do with the DB2 V8.2 new logging stuff...

but my logs to TSM do work!

Just the backup that gives me issues...

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You archive the logs using TDP? Archive works but backup doesn't? That would be strange.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi - as erroneus as this may sound - all it was was the password config had not be written!

I updated the passwd using dsmapipw - and as is well =)