Running TDP-Oracle.x86_64.bin to Install TDP-Oracle 6.3 on Linux 5 gives "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot o"

jeinhorn

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have a virtual machine running 5.11 (unfortunately, required to support old application)
I already installed TSM Backup-Archive client version 6.3.1.0 and it's working fine.
I'm trying to install TDP-Oracle. I located source for TDP-Oracle v6.3
I'm logged in as root. When I run TDP-Oracle.x86_64.bin I get the following result:

Code:
[root@useptgprddb linux86_64]# ./TDP-Oracle.x86_64.bin -console
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

(.:18983): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Note that I get the same result if I do not use the "-console" switch.
I believe java is correctly installed:
Code:
[root@useptgprddb linux86_64]# java -version
java version "1.4.2"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-55)

Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I also tried to run the binary via VNC session. It terminates with "Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException" followed by a stack trace. I really just want to install in console mode. I have searched for other postings showing this error, both within and outside of adsm.org and I have found nothing.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks,
Janet

Don't have a machine to test out on but few thoughts:
Can you export your display to another server (or Swan)? 'ssh -Y user@host' then execute the installer. This would give you the X11 installer window.
From what you posted your Java interpreter is gij - or the GNU Interpreter for Java. I've seen some cases where one must use real Sun/Oracle Java.
After you install 'real' java, you should be able to run '/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java'. See https://access.redhat.com/documenta...sect-use_alternatives_to_set_default_JDK.html
Once using the real java, try the installer again.
https://access.redhat.com/documenta...sect-use_alternatives_to_set_default_JDK.html
Hope it helps or at least points you in the right direction.

Back