Restricting Client Access To TSM Server

jrd31

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi

Can anyone help here.

We have a unix client which is in our dmz, which contains an oracle database that will need to be backed up by our tsm server.

I want the tsm server to initiate a schedule where i can get the server to backup the oracle database but i will need the username and password to be controlled by the server so that this will not be pushed to the client when issuing the dsmc command as i don't want anyone being able to look around on the server and find this username and password (obvious lockdowns will be in place)

Secondly if anyone managed to hack into this unix server from the outside world and get access as root i don't want them to be able to change opt files on the client to then be able to access the tsm server and restore files from other clients onto this unix server.

Is there anyway that i can get the tsm server to only allow access from the unix client with the username and password set on the tsm server?

I hope i have explained myself, if anyone can give me some pointers or advice it will be gratefully received.

You have multiple things going on to meet your needs. On the OS level, harden the OS to the recommended levels. In regards to TSM, create an Oracle batch program which TSM will exexcute, this will be your "command" schedule.

good luck

Back