Restoring TSM Database

ivandem

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sentia.ca
I'm in the process of migrating from TSM 5.5.1 on Server 2003 to 6.2 on server 2008 and different hardware. My first step is to move the server to the 2008 server and then upgrade at a later date (to split up the downtime). I'm just in the testing phase right now but having an issue restoring the database to the new server. These are the steps that I've taken:

- Fresh install of Windows 2008
- Fresh install of TSM Server 5.5.1
- Used the loadformat command to recreate the TSM DB and Logs
- Copied over the required files (devconfg.out, dsmserv.dsk, dsmserv.opt, volhist.out)
- Attempted to restore the DB with dsmserv restore db source=dbs (created a DBSnapshot to disk to not interrupt my normal backup scheme)

The restore errors with the following message: ANR4611E Unable to restore database and roll-forward updates - log mode was not previously set to ROLLFORWARD.

The error is correct, log mode was/is not set to ROLLFORWARD, on either old or new server. I shouldn't think it would be necessary to do this. What am I missing to allow the database to restore from the existing snapshot backup.

Thanks,
John

Thanks, Harry. I also needed the totime parameter, both matched up, to the second, to the time and date in the volhist.out. But once set it worked like a charm.

Thanks.
John

Back