Restoring old Exchange databases

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I am trying to restore some old Exchange backups. TSM for Exchange 6.3.1; server is 6.3.3; Exchange 2010 on Windows 2012R2.
The TDP agent is called CALEXMB1-MTDP; the Exchange server is cgy-mb3; cgy-mb3 is a proxy for calexmb1-mtpd. On the TSM server, "q occ calexmb1-mtdp" shows there are backups for it. However:
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc query tsm * full /all <stuff deleted> Connecting to TSM Server as node 'CALEXMB1-MTDP'... ACN5820E There were no Exchange backups found on the Tivoli Storage Manager server matching the spec ified criteria.

Anybody have a clue as to what I may be missing? I was able to pull this information previously.

Relevant configuration:

tdpexc.cfg:
LOCALDSMAgentnode cgy-mb3 BACKUPMETHod vss VSSPOLICY cgy-mb3 * * TSM EXCHANGE_DATA MOUNTWait Yes TEMPLOGRestorepath E:\ExchangeData\Recovery TEMPDBRestorepath E:\ExchangeData\Recovery CLIENTACcessserver cgy-mb3

dsm.opt for Exchange:
NODename CALEXMB1-MTDP PASSWORDAccess generate TCPServeraddress 10.0.1.23 TCPPort 1500 HTTPport 1582 CLUSTERnode no COMPRESSIon Off SCHEDMODE Polling Vssusesystemprovider yes

and the options file for the VSS:
NODename cgy-mb3 PASSWORDAccess generate TCPServeraddress 10.0.1.23 TCPPort 1500 TCPCADADDRESS 10.0.1.63

Hello ,
could you try "tdpexcc query tsm * " withoout the reset of the command
Alos could you try :
tdpexcc query exchange
tdpexcc query TDP
just to make sure no configuration issues is there,and tell if there is any error logs is there
Also form the TSM server could you check :
select * from backups where node_name="CALEXMB1-MTDP"

Thanks

Update: I reconfigured the flashcopy manager and I can see all the backups but I cannot see them through the command line. WTF eh?

could you confirm which option files that the flashcopy and command line are pointing to, inother words are you sure the two interfaces use the same dsm.opt file?

verified they use the same configuration files. I even explicitly pointed to the config files (/configfile /tsmoptfile) when starting tdpexcc.

Back