Restore TSM DB on different server.

Blade

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have a tsm server abc that is not being used. I also have a tsm server xyz that I need to restore. The original xyz is gone. The server abc is the same OS version, same TSM version and already has two tsm instances running, there was three. I have coped over the devconfig, volhist and dsmserv.opt to the directory /xtsm on server abc. I also have a copy of the last tsm db from xyz. My question is how do I restore the tsm db on xyz onto abc? I would not think I would need to do much of anyhthing because TSM is already there. I just want to restore xyz over abc, is this possible?I tried the dsmserv -i directory restore db todate= totime = and keep getting the following error. Any suggestions?

Could not load program dsmserv:
Dependent module libdb2.a(shr_64.o) could not be loaded.
Could not load module libdb2.a(shr_64.o).
System error: No such file or directory

You cannot do a merge (under current situations) of TSM Databases. ABC server has TSM running on it (2 instances that share a single DB2 structure) and XYZ has its own TSM instance.

There is no option on current TSM tools to allow for DB merges. I have been asking for this for sometime now.

All you can do is stand up another TSM server.

Crap! Thanks, I was thinking it would be a lot quicker to just restore the db on a different server over a retired TSM db than build a new tsm server and restore the db. I appreciate the input.

Could not load program dsmserv:
Dependent module libdb2.a(shr_64.o) could not be loaded.
Could not load module libdb2.a(shr_64.o).
System error: No such file or directory
And those errors are unrelated to your question. Make sure you are running the command as the instance owner. Might be an environment variable not set. Google Could not load module libdb2.a might give more info.

Back