Restore to Exchange

odyssey

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I'm trying to restore my Exchange TDP backups to a Recovery Storage Pool. However TDP reports the following error:

Restore of 3 Storage Group failed.
ACN0208E There is not enough disk space for the operation attempted.
ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESERESTOREREOPEN() failed with HRESULT: 0xc7ff0bc3 -
ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESERESTOREREOPEN() failed with HRESULT: 0xc7ff0bc3 -

I did the following:

1. Create a Recovery Storage Group in Exchange
2. Add the "store3" DB to the recovery group (same name as the recovery store)
3. Mount the DB
4. Unmount and delete the log and checkpoint files (as told when I first tried to mount)
5. Set "Everyone" permission to Full Control
6. Ensuring that the store is allowed to be overwritten by a restore

None of the above makes the restore successful. What could I possibly have done wrong?

Oh it actually WAS a storage problem. The base were somewhat bigger than the available space.

HOWEVER, I have some great problems with the restored base:

It appears to be in "Dirty state" and I'm completely unable to mount it into the recovery storage group I've created. I'm unable to run eseutil and anything else on the edb-file. Does anybody know why this is happening and how I would be able to extract data from this file?

I know that OnTrack PowerControls is able to do it, but I've tried it with no luck.

Note: I'm creating this Recovery Storage Group on an external USB HDD (to extend capacity) but it seems limited to USB 1.1 low speed.

HI,
I've the same issue when i do the restore i get the same error . any thoughts ?

Oh it actually WAS a storage problem. The base were somewhat bigger than the available space.

HOWEVER, I have some great problems with the restored base:

It appears to be in "Dirty state" and I'm completely unable to mount it into the recovery storage group I've created. I'm unable to run eseutil and anything else on the edb-file. Does anybody know why this is happening and how I would be able to extract data from this file?

I know that OnTrack PowerControls is able to do it, but I've tried it with no luck.

Note: I'm creating this Recovery Storage Group on an external USB HDD (to extend capacity) but it seems limited to USB 1.1 low speed.

Back