restore to different ownership

mgaber

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

hi all
when i trying to restore data owned by oracle user it restored but the ownership changer to TSM instance user tsminst1,
is this true or i have to do some thing

thank you in advance

PREDATAR Control23

Are you restoring the data on the machine that also made the backup?
Normally TSM should restore the original User/group ID's which should result to the same owner/group on unix systems.

When restoring to a different machine, perhaps the UID of user Oracle was used by tsminst1

PREDATAR Control23

Are you restoring the data on the machine that also made the backup?
Normally TSM should restore the original User/group ID's which should result to the same owner/group on unix systems.

When restoring to a different machine, perhaps the UID of user Oracle was used by tsminst1
hi jeroen
thanks for your replay
i restore to different machine than i toke the backup from ,the same user and group on the original machine exist on the new machine,but after restore data is owned by tsm instance user tsminst1

PREDATAR Control23

Is this on Unix?
The user can exist, but can have a different unique identifier. Unixes work with the User-ID to translate a number back to a user name.
"grep <oracle_user> /etc/passwd' on both hosts can show if there is a discrepancy between the 2 systems

PREDATAR Control23

Is this on Unix?
The user can exist, but can have a different unique identifier. Unixes work with the User-ID to translate a number back to a user name.
"grep <oracle_user> /etc/passwd' on both hosts can show if there is a discrepancy between the 2 systems
Is this on Unix?
thank you very much jeroen your answer is right ,
i use aix system , the destination machine has the same user as the source machine but ID is different ,once i make both ID identical ,then every thing is ok and the restored data now belong to the same owner
again many thanks for your reply