1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

restore stuck after rollback

Discussion in 'Restore / Recovery Discussion' started by dandu, Nov 27, 2012.

1. dandu

dandu New Member

Here's the problem I'm having:

- using the backup client GUI I start a restore on a client for some files, the restore starts, files are being transferred, everything is ok
    - using dsmadmc I login and run "ROLLBACK", and the restore process gets stuck immediately after that, after 15 min I get a message in actlog saying that the connection with the client timedout

Is this normal behaviour?

The actual problem is that while doing a restore and running 'q actlog', 'q mount' and other queries in dsmadmc at one moment I noticed the restore got stuck. Looking at actlog I noticed there was a message saying in my dsmadmc session "rollback" was ran, although I never did that (maybe dsmadmc automatically runs it at some point, couldn't figure out why rollback was ran).

I'm using TSM 6.3, Windows 2008 R2.

3. patelp

patelp New Member

When you type any wrong command TSM will issue rollback. It is normal for TSM