Restore from A server to B server

TaSMania

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
So I wanted to create a ISP.BAT file so User could just run a restore or automation to run weekly.

Here's what I put together:
Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmc.exe"
restore -fromnode=serverA  "\\server01\g$\*"             "\\serverB\g$" -replace=all -optfile="C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt"

in Server B, I run this script from Protect>
Code:
 restore -fromnode=serverA  "\\server01\g$\*"  "\\serverB\g$" -replace=all -optfile="C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt
and also tried -optfile="C:\temp\dsm.opt(Server A opt) and I get "Restore function invoked"

From ServerB, DSM(GUI) in with ServerA opt file and do restore it works just fine.

What is my statement missing?

What error are you getting?
Why are you using a UNC path as the destination? Is the destination a different machine?
The destination needs a trailing backslash
Sometimes, the source filespace needs to be enclosed in {}, example: "{\\server01\g$}\*"
Options need to be group together, so all at the beginning or all at the end.
The option file (-optfile=...) can only be specified when starting dsmc, not at the Protect prompt, it's too late, the option file has already been read when you get to the protect prompt.

I'm sorry, i'm going to closed this thread. It's not what I thought it is. I'll have to reask for help again.

Back