Restore a VM to multiple copies?

storagemagic

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I need to restore a vm to multiple VM’s, and then change configurations to make these VM’s to different servers.

Any way to make such restorations?

You should be able to restore a VM to multiple locations without issues. Just do remember that: 1) not to power up when restrore is done, 2) specify a new VM name, 3) change IP address before putting online.

I didn't ask my question right.

My question actually was, can I do that in a single restoring process? same restoration goes to multiple different locations, if Yes, how could I do that?

I didn't ask my question right.

My question actually was, can I do that in a single restoring process? same restoration goes to multiple different locations, if Yes, how could I do that?

I believe the restore is just at a time. Other backup systems also does it this way.

I believe the restore is just at a time. Other backup systems also does it this way.
Best way I can think of that's easy is restore and then use vmware's ovftool to export and import to your other farms if you can't send it directly.
Another option is to have multiple datamovers per farm tied back to your main tsmserver, once one restore is finished kick off another for the other farm.
There's a few other products that can do one to many, but at that point you are looking at replication not backups and recovery.

Back