1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Restore a filespace from Windows to a Linux

Discussion in 'TSM Client' started by Castaway, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Castaway

Castaway New Member

TSM Admin
    Long story short - a client has a backup of an Ubuntu folder he'd like retrieved. He converted the server to a Windows machine but still sees he has backup data from when it was an Ubuntu server (I know, I know). Same name. If he creates another Ubuntu server, can he give it authority to restore from the Windows (even though it's an Ubuntu file space)? All I can find is that it can render the file space unusable by the Windows client (which it is already).
    Does the Ubuntu client have to be the same level as the Windows client? (6.2.2.0). The TSM server is an AIX 5.5.3.0 version. Any ideas?

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    As you know, you can't restore Linux to Windows. Restore to the new Linux client and you must have the same version or higher when the data was backed up on the Linux node/client.

Castaway likes this.