Requirement for DRM Recovery in DR site

skumar0103

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi

I have DRM configuration running in my data center. Now management wants to test the DRM using DR media which where going to offsite daily by DRM in TSM.

My TSM server in DC is running on AIX and we do not have AIX server available in my DR site. We have intel server in DR with Windows operating system. Can we restore the TSM DB on Windows server in DR and can we recover the data using the the offsite media ? I have the same type of hardware available in DR except the operating system. My TSM Server and cleint version is 5.5.

If any one have any idea on this pls suggest.

SKumar.

Nope - you cannot restore from AIX to Windows - hardware MUST be the same.

Correction: OS (not hardware) must be the same.

Last edited:
Hi
Hope you are talking about the TSM DB part only as i have mentioned in the thread. My tsm client are same with respect of hardware and OS according to the DC. Only i missing is my TSM Server.

Hope TSM DB backup in TSM server is independent of OS and as it is taken from "backup db" command in TSM Server. And "restore db" is also tsm command in TSM server.

Is the "backup db" command in TSM server puts os related information in db backup? So it will check during the restore of db for the same environment ?

You cannot restore a TSM DB taken from a TSM Server running on AIX to a TSM Server running Windows. The DB structure is akin to the OS hosting the TSM server.

Likewise, you cannot restore AIX backup data to a Windows environment.

Last edited:
Back