Report of the space usage of all storage pool volumes - TSM Server 6.3

girreis

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
The following query will produce a report of the space usage of all storage pool volumes, summarised by storage pool and status.

SELECT STGPOOL_NAME AS STGPOOL, COUNT(VOLUME_name) AS COUNT, STATUS, CAST(MEAN(EST_CAPACITY_MB/1024) AS DECIMAL(5,2)) AS GB_PER_VOL FROM VOLUMES GROUP BY STGPOOL_NAME,STATUS

But displays error in the "MEAN" on TSM Server 6.3 does not recognize, how to fix the above script?

Grateful for the attention,
Ramon

anyone got a reply for this? I have the same issue while trying to find out 'the maximum utilization of a full tape'. Please help. Thank you

anyone got a reply for this? I have the same issue while trying to find out 'the maximum utilization of a full tape'. Please help. Thank you

What do you mean by 'maximum utilization of a full tape'?

And from what I've seen, the 'MEAN' command is no longer available since TSM switched to DB2.

And from what I've seen, the 'MEAN' command is no longer available since TSM switched to DB2.
You can use the AVG( ) function instead of the MEAN( ) function. Example:
Code:
select avg(bytes) from summary where activity='BACKUP'

That doesn't sound like a use for mean/average. You'll have to expand on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a list of tapes with utilization or the name of the tape that has the most utilization? Or something else?

You can use the AVG( ) function instead of the MEAN( ) function. Example:
Code:
select avg(bytes) from summary where activity='BACKUP'

That doesn't sound like a use for mean/average. You'll have to expand on what you are looking for. Are you looking for a list of tapes with utilization or the name of the tape that has the most utilization? Or something else?

I have the answer found from the same forum

Check the max utilization of a Full Volume
---------------------------------------------------
select STGPOOL_NAME, CAST(AVG(EST_CAPACITY_MB/1024/1024) AS DECIMAL(8,2)) as TB_PER_FULL_VOL from VOLUMES WHERE STATUS='FULL' GROUP BY STGPOOL_NAME

Back