Replication with Retention Sets

janhoelscher

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

i have a question about replication in combination with retention sets.

I have a functional replication between two tsm servers. When i enable replication for a node and start replication all 'normal' data is replicated to the other server.

On source server there exists retention sets for the client, these are not replicated. I cannot see them when i issue "q retset nodename=node" command.

Is it possible to replicate retention sets? And what are the requirements?

Reg.
Jan

The retention sets are not replicated to the target, however the data that belongs to a retention set on the source is kept on the target while it is still protected by the retention on the source.

From the manual:
Retention rules and retention sets that are defined on the source replication server are not replicated to the target server. Only the data in the retention sets is replicated. Replication metadata is also updated when the state of the replicated data object changes to RETAINED. A data object changes to a RETAINED state when the data expires or is deleted but is kept because it is contained in an active retention set. The retained data is kept until the retention set itself expires or is deleted.
Source: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/spectrum-protect/8.1.11?topic=server-replication-data-in-retention-sets

Back