Replication target server is logging ANR3654W warnings: "Inventory file expiration processing did not run in the previous 24 hours"

alexp36

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that expiration does not need to be run on a storage pool replication target, as expiration is run on the source storage pool, and any changes will be replicated out to the target.

In our case, replication target pool is the only storage pool on the target server.

As such, why are we getting "ANR3654W Inventory file expiration processing did not run in the previous 24 hours" messages in the activity log on the target server?

Is there some setting we need to check or modify on either the source or target server?
Is TSM trying to tell us something is wrong with our setup?

Or should we just ignore the messages? If so, is there some way to suppress the warning messages?

TIA,

Thanks a lot for this reply, that certainly clarifies.
I did a number of searches, but never found that article you linked. Likely my search terms were including "expiration" rather than "expire inventory".

I've logged a case with IBM support too, so will be interesting to see what they come back with. Cheers.

Back