Replicated data from Dedup/compressed STG pool taking up more space on Replicated server?

Colin

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
In the process of setting up replication between two identical 7.1.6 servers (both use container storage pools with de-dup and compression)

I have noticed that even though I am only like 10% done with my replication of nodes, the space utilitzed on the replicated server is the same if not more than my original server. I am also not seeing and % space saved by compression or de-duplification on the second server.

Is this normal? Is there something I need to do to fix this? Thanks. I was under the impression the data would just stay in it's de-duplicated and compressed state from the original server and there-for take up the same amount of space.

If it makes any difference I have already run protect stgpool and replicated all the extents of my stgpools that way.

Hi,

Look into generate dedupstats command, and to query it 'query dedupstats'. It has to be updated manually, and you have to delete it manually too.

-= trident =-

Back