Repair volumes 7.1.6, (disk corrupted replaced) replicated server

stratanic

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
(config= 2 server windows 2012 R2 : TSM 7.1.6 , one Main and one replicate)
Not first time i have some volumes corrupted but on the replicad server ! not the main server. we replace the disk faillure and all disk its ok now. but i have 50 volumes corrupted in tsm.
(show damage STORAGEPOOLNAME)
VALIDATE EXTENTS STORAGEPOOLNAME ACTION=MARKDAMAGED PREVIEW=NO

anyone have a way to repair ?
i make some script macro TSM to : audit -> readonly -> move -> delete each volume corupted.

but TSM alway find somr new corupted volume... why "replicate node * reconcil=y" dont repair all volume.... ?

I would highly suggest one has support engaged so the process is understood.
are these file device class volumes? - do you have a copy pool for this pool , if we are speaking traditional.

Open a case with support -

I give up, , I delete all volume storage pool and replicate all node...
I ask here if there is a faster way...

I give up, , I delete all volume storage pool and replicate all node...
I ask here if there is a faster way...
That might not be as quick as you think. There's a lot of background activity that needs to happen to delete all the nodes and storage pools, especially if you have container pools. You should follow Angelo's advice and open a case.

but TSM alway find somr new corupted volume... why "replicate node * reconcil=y" dont repair all volume.... ?
Audit performs that task, replicate will resend objects that audit has marked as damaged.

I try the perl script IBM : dedupRepairTool.pl but too long... and too many question. I don't want stay front the server...

I make some script to delete all volume.. i dont need to wait at the server..

i have copy pool , on LTO7 ... I dont want to come back all my LTO.

ok the audit , I try (i have a script to audit all vol)
by defaut replicate send reapair damaged object, never work for me,

My experience is: I take too long to realise some vol is damaged (5 day),
I stop toio late : all my job, expiring , dedup , reclaim,... too many volume is damaged.

next time I try the support IBM. thx all

Back