Removing paths and recreating in linux

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm running Rhel 6 and using the lin_tape rpm to build paths for my tape drives to be used in TSM. Some of my paths have been messed up after a TSM support person replaced a drive. Usually this is no big deal but I have more paths than I have tape drives now and I'm wondering what is the best way to clear them out on the OS side first and then just updating the paths in TSM.

right now I have /dev/IBMtape* numbered from 1 to 23 even though I only have six drives so I'd like to prune that down back to what it was before can I simply stop the lin_tape daemon, delete all the paths and then start the service up and it create the paths then update any path mismatch errors in TSM afterwards?

Thanks,

then update any path mismatch errors in TSM afterwards?
Not sure how it's handled at the driver level, but yes once the device names are correct at the the OS level, just update the paths in TSM, 1 per device. HELP UPDATE PATH.

Yeah I went a head and tried it. The easiest way seemed to be uninstalling the lin_tape rpm which removed all the paths and then reinstalling it and resetting it to start on boot. All my paths are clear again now to update them in TSM and make sure everything still works there.

Thanks!

Back