• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

[HOWTO] Remote diagnostics URL

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Soooo, in the OC one can configure the "Remote diagnostics URL" and that's about all the information I can find. One must configure this on the client side, but I see nothing in any documentation. Is this the "remote agent" I see some reference too? Again, I see nothing in any documentation, or any reference to such a beast on the client installation gui.

Can anyone give me clues (or a direct answer as that would be better) as to where I find documentation?

7.1.1 Linus server and Windows client. I want remote diagnostics but NOT remote management.

Thanks in advance for your help.

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
I, too, don't find much info about this.

My understanding is that this is some type of remote management as remote diagnostics is still too far ahead (still in our dreams!) for what IBM has in place. But, this is just my two cents.

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Looks like you end up at the same place Dan. Let me know how it goes as I will have to go there as well in the near future. Why this is not available in the custom section of the client install is beyond me. Good luck.

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
So, just download the Client Management Service installation package and run. The installation sets up the service. Then fill in the remote diagnostics field for the client in the form https://ipname:port. Finding the bloody documentation was much harder than getting it up and running :eek:

I really need this cause I can't get on the machines I'm supposed to help trouble shoot! :rolleyes: It's too bad they only have it for Windows and Linux so far.

rmazzon

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
At the time CMS was undergoing beta testing I asked about inclusion in the client installation package and was told that it would at some point be added to the client packages, but for now it would be kept separate to facilitate the beta testing ,and to also allow it's use with slightly down-level client versions.

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Thanks for that rmazzon - teach me for missing the EAP meetings! I did learn that that there was still no ETA for this, or for roll-out to other platforms.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 9.1%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tion1976