Remote access to database/data

wernercd

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

TSM Server 7.1.4, DB2 10.5.3, RHEL 6.6...

I'm trying to access the data remotely. Using any tool I can throw at it, everything burns at password entry. More detailed write up here at Dba.StackOverflow.

Using ODBC, IBM DataConnect, Sql Server Linked Server, etc... nothing I do seems to work.

How can I access the DB2 Server from a Windows Server?

PREDATAR Control23

How can I access the DB2 Server from a Windows Server?
Did you try the DB2 ODBC driver?
IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Versions 6.1 and later use the DB2® open database connectivity (ODBC) driver to query the database and display the results.

DB2 provides its own ODBC driver which can also be used to access the Tivoli Storage Manager server DB2 database. For more information on the DB2 native ODBC driver, refer to DB2 documentation at: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r5. Search on Introduction to DB2 CLI and ODBC
source: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledg...sm.srv.doc/t_srv_db_sql_querying.html?lang=en

PREDATAR Control23

I am trying to pull some reports from TSM 7.1.7 using Excel ODBC connection. I followed the steps but I am getting an error connecting saying that I don't have enough privilege to connect to the database (DB2). I don't know enough about DB2 to go in and grant my admin account 'connect' permission.

SQL1060N
SQLSTATE=08004

Is the the correct method to do this? I remember using this client years ago using TSM 5.5 on a Version 5 client but it looks like the Client has been removed from the IBM client ftp.

Thank you

PREDATAR Control23

Is the the correct method to do this?
You need to use the instance owner ID and password in Step 4.

Notes :
The UID/PWD in the db2cli.ini file should be a valid operating system userid/password on the system where the Tivoli Storage Manager server is installed. For example, the server instance userid and password.