1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Reclamation with single tape drive

Discussion in 'TSM Server' started by mantsm, Dec 21, 2008.

1. mantsm

mantsm New Member

Hi Techies,

We have TSM 5.4 installed with single tape drive .Everything is working fine.
    Except reclamation for copy storage pools.
    For primary pools i have created a separate stg with file devclass and then updated the primary stg's with this reclaim stg name and it is working fine ...
    Please advise how to enable Reclamation for copy stg pools...

Regards,
    Mani

3. Tiger22

Tiger22 Member

IT Consultant
    The only way you can reclaim a copy storage pool with a single tape drive is if your primary storage pool is all on disk. If some of your primary storage pool is on tape then you don't have enough tape drives for reclamation since you need to mount two tapes for the process. No way around it in my experience.

4. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    You can reclaim the offsite storage pool with a single tape drive if you have all of the data still cache on disk, and I MEAN ALL of the data.

Otherwise, you really need two drives.

5. mantsm

mantsm New Member

Thanks moon..

Could you please let me know how to reclaim if i have enabled cache,so that i can enable this option ..

Thanks
    Mani

6. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Assuming you have all of the data cached:

reclaim stgpool <offsite_pool_name> threshold=<percent_you_want>, or "help reclaim stgpool" for details.

Be sure to have scratch tapes ready since the reclaim process will ask for these.