Reclaimation Process creates 'Vault Retrieve' DR volumes in library

uk086242

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello.

My TSM is a bit rusty, and I was not expert to begin with - so I need some assistance with this one.

I created a schedule to reclaim volumes from a copy storage pool that contains DR media.
Whilst this reclaim process worked well (12+ volumes reclaimed), the volumes have been marked as 'Vault Retrieve' from a q drmedia view and offsite from a q volume view.

How can I check these volumes out / mark them as scratch?

ALSO - whilst hacking around to resolve this problem, I have managed to create a situation where 4 volumes are in the library but have no volume history - so TSM does not even think they are in the library so I cannot do anything with them, and an 'audit library' does not resolve that problem. The library (IBM 3583) does not list them as in the library via the (remote) operator panel.

Any assistance welcomed.

EDIT - I have tried moving the DR media from 'vault retrieve' to 'onsite retrieve# but this just seems to make the volume completely inaccessible to TSM as this remove the volume from the volume history. So now I have 5 volumes that can be re-used as scratch but TSM now does not seem to know anything about them. An audit library does not resolve this.

EDIT - Potential Head-up-AR*E moment here. The DR media volumes are probably offsite as expected, so nothing to do with the volume reclamation process... will get a gopher on site to check that the 5 volumes are offsite.

Last edited:
Back