QUREY REQUIRED TSM REPORTING SUCCESSFULL SYSTEM GENERATED

asifpanjwani

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Team,

i need system generated report which tell us node with backup succesffull rate with percenage for example

Nodename Stauts Results Date
ABC_BA Completed Successful 13/8/2015

For one month i need to submit my customer

I have the same problem i want to have a report of my last Backup (doesn't matter the result). I have do this query:

select node_name, max(backup_date) from backups where DEACTIVATE_DATE is null group by node_name order by 2 desc

But doesn't go fine....

I want to have the last backup for each node.

can some one help me??

In the TSM DB, the last backup is stored by filespace, not by node.
Code:
select node_name,filespace_name,last_backup_complete from filespaces order by last_backup_complete desc
You will need more than that, but it will give you a starting point.

Don't forget about the Operation Center if you are not using it. The dashboard does give you a percent successful rate, or rather a percent at risk, meaning not backed up successfully.

This one works for me:

select distinct node_name, max(backup_date) from backups group by node_name

which lists all nodes last backup time. Be patient as this takes long to return a result.

This one works for me:

select distinct node_name, max(backup_date) from backups group by node_name

which lists all nodes last backup time. Be patient as this takes long to return a result.
The only catch is that this gives you the date/time that the most recent file was backed up successfully for that node, but not the last time that node had a successful backup.

Using some of the logic in your query, could use:
Code:
select distinct node_name,min(last_backup_complete) as LAST_SUCCESSFUL_BACKUP from filespaces group by node_name order by LAST_SUCCESSFUL_BACKUP desc
I used min instead of max. Since this looks at the last complete by filespace, the node last successful backup can't be more recent than the oldest last successful.

Example:
on 2016/02/10 \\node\c$ failed, but \\node\d$ was successful
on 2016/02/09 both \\node\c$ and \\node\d$ were successful. So the oldest date is the last time a backup was successful.

This one can work too:
Code:
select distinct entity,max(end_time) from summary where activity='BACKUP' and successful='YES' group by entity
This one will not catch nodes that never had a backup or that failed longer than the retention of the summary table. Also doesn't catch VE backups. The filespace last backup date is still the most accurate.

In the TSM DB, the last backup is stored by filespace, not by node.
Code:
select node_name,filespace_name,last_backup_complete from filespaces order by last_backup_complete desc
You will need more than that, but it will give you a starting point.

Don't forget about the Operation Center if you are not using it. The dashboard does give you a percent successful rate, or rather a percent at risk, meaning not backed up successfully.

Thanks very much.
But in my version I don't have the column "last_backup_complete".

Server Version 6, Release 3, Level 4.200
Server date/time: 02/16/16 09:28:54 Last access: 02/16/16 09:28:47

ANS8000I Server command: 'select colname from columns where tabname='FILESPACES''

COLNAME
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AR_REPLRULE_NAME
AR_REPLRULE_STATE
BACKUP_END
BACKUP_START
BK_REPLRULE_NAME
BK_REPLRULE_STATE
CAPACITY
DELETE_OCCURRED
FILESPACE_HEXNAME
FILESPACE_ID
FILESPACE_NAME
FILESPACE_TYPE
LAST_REPL_COMP
LAST_REPL_START
NODE_NAME
PCT_UTIL
SP_REPLRULE_NAME
SP_REPLRULE_STATE
UNICODE_FILESPACE

I am investigating the querys you give me.

Thanks ;)

Back